CLIENT: Tihi Event & Production
BRIEF: This celebration of Maori culture and competition within the Taranaki/Wanganui region required unique solutions. Held at the TSB Stadium in New Plymouth, production centred around the need for the biggest and most complex stage we've ever built, measuring over 300 square metres - more than twice the size of the floor area of the average NZ home. The challenge was to provide sound reinforcement and illumination for Kapa Haka groups of up to 40 members.
We flew truss, with PA, microphones, lighting and drapes all elements carefully considered and placed accordingly. Additional requirements of the job were a three-tier platform for judges, live-audio feeds to media outlets providing web-streams and live-video feeds for two VIP areas and venue foyer. The photos and results speak for themselves. This was an awesome show.
SERVICES DELIVERED: Sound, Lighting, Staging & dressing for Performers, Judges & VIP areas, Live video feeds to VIP & foyer areas.
• 154 x Prolyte Stage Risers (2.0m x 1.0m) & 36 x Additional platforms
• JBL VRX900 Series Line Array (FOH)
• dbx DriveRack & QSC Powerlight 2 & 3-Series Amplifiers
• Yamaha M7CL-48ES 48ch Digital Console & Yamaha SB-168ES Digital Snake
• Shure & AKG Choir, Shotgun & Overhead Microphones
• Selecon Pacific & SPX Profiles, Lui Cyc Lights
• Theatrelight 24/48 Desk & 12ch Dimmers
• ProLyft Chain Hoist & controllers
• 45 x Global Box Truss Sections (100m+ of flown truss)
• Sony HD LCD Screens